A thorough approach to tinnitus treatment and management
Clarity tailor different components of tinnitus treatment to your individual needs.
- Counselling: Provides you with information relevant to you and your tinnitus in order to help you change the negative interpretation of tinnitus.
- Amplification: Many of those who suffer from tinnitus also have hearing loss. Amplification can be used to stimulate the ears and brain to reduce the contrast between the surrounding sounds and the tinnitus. Hearing aids can be very effective in decreasing the perception of tinnitus.
- Masking: Using devices to generate sounds can mask the sound of tinnitus. This masking can take different forms including artificial white noise or natural sounds (like ocean waves or rain falling). Many hearing devices include tinnitus sound generators.
- Relaxation: Relaxation exercises and sleep management exercises are often efficient ways of bringing down the stress that often is a part of tinnitus. Some manufacturers, provide downloadable apps that include masking and relaxation tools.
Third-party tinnitus treatment programs
- Neuromonics: Neuromonics uses specially formulated music which works through both a masking technique and breaking the loop with the emotional area of the brain to reduce the stress associated with the tinnitus.
- Apps: There is a multitude of smartphone apps available that, in a structured program, can help reduce the negative impact tinnitus has on your quality of life.
Clarity will assess your tinnitus and propose a recommended program for you that will help you address your tinnitus. That program may include all or some components from these third-party programs.
Clarity’s tinnitus treatment programs
Clarity offers three tinnitus management approaches allowing you options in the pursuit of tinnitus relief.
Our tinnitus assessment will help assess your tinnitus and help determine the severity and impact it may be having on your life.
- intake questionnaire
- full Audiological tinnitus assessment including case history, otoscopy, tympanometry, immittance measure, Puretone Audiometry, tinnitus pitch matching, tinnitus intensity matching, tinnitus effective masking, speech audiometry, central auditory processing screening test
- a full discussion on results and mechanism of tinnitus.
This option includes everything in the Tinnitus Assessment program, plus:
- a full tinnitus counselling session
- Tinnitus Management app list
- Discussion and instruction on tinnitus app use
- program review consult and questionnaire (optional extra)
This option will give you an understanding of your tinnitus, the severity and how you may be able to manage your condition through recommended strategies and programs.
Tinnitus Amplification + Masking
This option includes all items in our Tinnitus Assessment and Counselling programs plus the additional trial of hearing aids with amplification and tinnitus masking:
- programming and fitting of trial hearing aids and masking devices
- hearing aid and tinnitus device program instructions
- program review consult and questionnaire
If at the end of the program you feel you are benefitting from masking, you simply purchase the hearing devices chosen. If the program has not been beneficial for you, or you do not wish to continue, you simply return the devices and you have no ongoing obligation.
Medicare rebates may be available for patients with a Chronic Disease Management plan referral from their GP.
Start your tinnitus treatment today
Talk to Clarity about the right choice of program for your tinnitus and start managing it today.
Call 1300 252 748 today or click the button below to book an appointment (there’s a tinnitus clinic near you) or request more information.
Contact us today!
Read more about tinnitus